- 1967 – Bachelor of Science Degree from Georgia Tech
- 1967-1971 – Served as a Navy Officer aboard (2) aircraft carriers during the Vietnam Conflict.
- 1975 – Doctorate Degree from Southern College of Optometry
- Board Certified in both Diagnostic and Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents by Georgia State Board of Optometry.
- Certified by the DEA for Schedules 2, 3, 3N, and 4 Pharmaceutical Agents.
- Served as the Chairman of Board of Trustees of Georgia Optometric Association in 1986
- Has earned 5 Presidential Citations from Georgia Optometric Association.
Dr. Bill Morrison
Dr. Bill Morrison’s practice specializes in General Optometry, Contact lenses, Treatment of Anterior Eye Diseases, Foreign Body Removal, Lasik and Cataract Co-Management. He is an active member of the following associations: GOA, AOA and Northeast Georgia Optometry Association.
Dr. Bill Morrison was in born and raised in Gainesville Georgia. He is a third generation Optometrist.
As of 2018, there have been 103 years of continuous eye care from the Morrison family in the Gainesville/Hall county area.
Dr. Morrison’s favorite patient story is as follows:
“We provided for free a Low Vision Home TV Magnification System for a mother and 2 daughters who had a rare condition called congenital aniridia which left all 3 of them without an iris, extremely hyperopic with astigmatism, thick glasses, extremely sensitive to light, and very poor visual acuity. This system enlarges their homework and books so they can see and perform normally like other people. This was very gratifying.”
Dr. Morrison enjoys activities on Lake Lanier, run / walking in the annual Peachtree Road Race, going to the movies, supper club, church activities, and hiking.
Dr. Morrison has a beautiful wife and 5 children, 7 grandchildren.